Monday, June 1, 2009

For our first date, do you want to hang out in a cold, dark room?


This past Saturday, I visited an actual movie theater. I was asked to accompany a fellow film goer and I only had one condition: we go to the 11:00am show on a Saturday. Those of you who know me, also know that I rarely visit a movie theater.

For those of you who were unaware of my distaste for the cineplex, let me tell you why. I, the author of a film blog, as well as a professional in the film and television industry, does not enjoy movie theaters.

Here is why:
  • People constantly munching on popcorn, sucking on sour patch kids, and slurping their Cola gets real old, real fast
  • I am always next to the person who narrates the entire film to his or her friend, or, to themselves
  • I am spoiled and I like my pause button
  • If I like a scene, I can analyze it with my other favorite button, "rewind"
  • I determine the room temperature for my comfortable, viewing pleasure
  • I can lay in any position I desire, without having a movie usher flash their little light on my face obnoxiously whispering in my face to "put my feet down". Or even better, not having to deal with someone elses' smelly feet all up in my grill. Not.... cool.
In turn, I realize there is a downside to watching a movie in the privacy of my own viewing pleasure. I could name these reasons, but I am going to turn over the question to you.

Which do you prefer?

Movie Theaters or Private Viewing?

Annnnd Go.

*By the way, Angels and Demons was a good film. Beautiful to watch. Of course, it was not as good as the book, but much better than the previous film, Davinci Code. To sum it up, The film contained more action/thriller sequences than Davinci Code, The acting was excellent (which I believe to be the strongest element in the film), BUT it did omit my favorite scene from the book. I am not ok with that. Therefore, it receives a B.

3 comments:

  1. Viewing a film in a quiet respectful theatre is a thing of the past. My personal nightmare was sitting in front of 2 ederly women who were having a running conversation WITH the actor in the film. It's like they were in every scene and had lines! SHUT UP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a true statement. People are quite annoying in the theaters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angels and demons is a wikipedia film. the characters spend more time telling each other the plot than just getting on. bad writing but good acting.

    ReplyDelete