So the other day, as I was browsing the movie section at my local Super Target, I came across the first and second seasons of The Girls Next Door. Hm? Then they must have...what!? NoWonder Years?! What has the world come to?
The shows listed below deserve a long overdue transfer to DVD..or maybe even Blu Ray...since DVDs will soon be obsolete...
The Wonder YearsThis television program paved the way for Apatow's wrongfully cancelled, Freaks and Geeks, and sitcom series That 70s Show. One of the best television shows has yet to be on DVD.. what gives? I want some Kevin Arnold and mullet haired Wayne on my tv!
Salute Your Shorts
Salute Your ShortsA hidden gem, widely popular by the now 20 somethings. This Nickelodeon show was excellent.
A Trip to the Moon
A Trip to the MoonThis 1902 silent film used visual effects and color by physically coloring each piece of film to give it periodic colors in the scene. A brilliant silent film created by George Melies, and the first science fiction film ever made.
Higher Ground
Higher GroundPre-Anakin Hayden Christensen stars as troubled teen, Scott Barringer, who is sent to boot camp.
Hey Dude
Hey DudeAnother Nickelodeon gem, it's basically Salute Your Shorts on a ranch... and it is amazing.
The Gumby Show (1957)
The Gumby Show (1957)Now I have the Gumby Adventures (1988) on DVD, but what about old school Gumby? I want the episodes where Gumby is a mute...
Designing Women
Designing WomenLittle Shia LaBeauf plays annoying little brother Louis Stevens, and does he shine. About 20 minutes ago I watched an episode that was airing on Disney Channel, and I laughed.. out loud.. Shia is funny, legit.
Growing Pains
Growing PainsA great show. The End.
I was born in 1956 and played with my Gumbys in 5th grade (Miss McKowns room) so Gumby gets my vote for longevity.
ReplyDelete