I believe these are some of the best shows on television, and they deserve some attention. So plug these into your DVR schedule recorder and try them out. (even if you have to compromise one episode of American Idol). I mean, Seacrest is available 24/7 whether it is on the tv/radio/press/your bathroom, etc.
Here is my list of noteworthy TV Shows:

Greek (ABC Family)
Follows the young and the naive. Students who have entered the world of Greekdom. Crazy times ensue. Very relatable and amusing.

Big Love (HBO)
Now I question myself in saying that this show needs more attention. Mainly because I believe this is one of the best written shows on television. The characters are all very dynamic, the lives of the polygamist Henricksons is compelling, I worry that if this show receives the exposure it deserves, then it will fall into the studios Louis Vuitton wallet and it will crumble into a box of generic toilet paper. This show is too precious. High exposure= stupid stunts=trying to get higher ratings=Happy Days' Fonzi jumping over sharks

True Blood (HBO)
After Paquin's Golden Globe win for Best Actress in this HBO series, I have an inkling this show will attract more viewers. It's a great show- Filled with vampires and sprinkles of Buffy-esque elements.

Bizzare Foods with Andrew Zimmern (Travel)
A fun show which is both entertaining and "Ew I can't watch him put slurp that Cod and Sperm Chowder... ahh I can't look away! Oh, interesting." I enjoyed the United Kingdom episode because Andrew ate haggis, which I have also eaten while I traveled in the UK. The food Haggis is simply a sheep's ground heart, liver, lung, mixed with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt; which is compiled into the animal's stomach. Boil. Enjoy. And I did. It basically tasted like Taco Bell's ground beef. And I mean that as a compliment.
Yes I feel cool that I have eaten something that Andrew Zimmern has eaten.....after me. So, I like to say that Andrew has eaten Haggis, something I had eaten years ago...before his show aired. Ah, thank you.

Sober House (VH1)
Now let me explain. I never watched Celebrity Rehab, I found it boring and very stupid. But this show is different. It is really interesting. Seriously. It makes Andy Dick a little less annoying than Carrot Top. You actually kind of sympathize with him.

The Tudors (Showtime)
The life of Henry VIII. Basically: Sex, Scandal, and Deceit. It. Is. Awesome.

Chelsea Lately (E Network)
Chelsea Handler is hilarious. She is witty, and not a blonde bimbo. She represents her hair group nicely, and her sidekick Chewy, is fabulous. The duo is entertaining with their occasional skits, her guests are always entertaining even if its Al Gore, because Handler's quick banter keeps the pace fast and pleasurable.

Robot Chicken (Cartoon Network's Adult Swim)
Last week I posted one of my favorite skits from Chicken: "Don't Flush." Creator Seth Green (Oz from Buffy, Can't Hardly Wait) brings a 15 minute episode, once a week, that uses claymation to poke fun at Pop Culture. Some past Pop Cult references include Star Wars, ET, Buffy, and many many more.
Did I miss any that are worthy of the list? What are you watching?
No comments:
Post a Comment