Tonight A&E's original series "The Beast" premieres tonight at 10/9 CST.
Starring Patrick Swayze and Travis Fimmel
"The Beast" centers on an unorthodox but effective FBI veteran, Charles Barker (Swayze), who takes on a rookie partner, Ellis Dove (Fimmel). Barker trains Dove in a hard-edged, psychologically driven approach towards undercover work, where a moment's hesitation can lead to death (A&E official website).
Here is the first 10 minutes of the Pilot episode.
What do you think?
Patrick Swayze is back for the attack, however, aren't all FBI TV shows the same! Anymore, it's as if all modern day TV shows are seasonal because they lack what the true American family wants; honesty and real life drama with a cure. Like for instance, MASH, The Love Boat, Magnum P.I. and The Wonder Years. I do give A&E props for bringing us back Swayze, who is a guys guy for staying out of Hollywood's limelight and US Weekly. Then again, I've fasted from tv for a year to dedicate my time to being outside with Mother Nature, so who am I to review...blessings.
ReplyDeleteI like the setting in Chicago but the jury is out if this is going to succeed. It has a "24" Jack Bauer type feeling and Swayze's character is edgey. CTU or FBI...? What is the real difference between the two anyway?
ReplyDeleteI hope that The Beast will set itself apart from the rest.