Friday, January 9, 2009

Best films of 2008

My personal list. Critics know as much about movies as my left arm knows how to throw a baseball.... it works but is usually not right on target.

8. The Other Boleyn Girl
        **Underrated, intriguing, brilliant acting
7.  Wanted
        **Wicked fun
6. Mamma Mia!
5. Dark Knight
    **do not believe it should be #1, Loved it in theaters, second time around in            the privacy of my own home, on BLUE RAY, I found it to be a little long, and         not as thrilling.. none the less it is a prized gem
4. Iron Man
     **Witty dialogue, quick banter...only Downey Jr. could make this a surprise            hit
3. Sex and the City---
      **avid fan of the television series, ultimate chick flick that made me miss my           girls
2. Tropic Thunder
      **The opening gag previews is enough to earn it a spot on this list...Who left the freezer open?? Fabulous, just fabulous
1. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button-- 
        **Just as long as Australia yet it didn't feel like a 2.5 hour long journey that                  would never end...

Movies I still need to see and may have potentially altered the above list:
-Zack and Miri Make a Porno
-Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist---geek crush on Cera
-Frost/Nixon
-Changeling--Eastwood=the man
-Pineapple Express--don't judge
-Doubt
-Slumdog Millionaire
-Twilight
-Milk


Overrated:
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Wall-E
Australia...ya it was pretty and I love Baz Luhrman but he utterly let me down. To this day I still have no clue what it was about and yet I don't seem to care enough to discover why.....

1 comment:

  1. Australia was a 3 wasted hours of my valuable time.

    ReplyDelete